The Systems Analyst supports and operates the systems, processes, and technology surrounding the Gas Measurement SCADA system, including providing on-going maintenance, troubleshooting, user management and new application development. The focus of this position is on the Telvent, Cygnet and Autosol applications and corresponding interfaces.
• Updating and maintaining polling engines and SCADA screens to support on-going operations on a daily basis. This includes both new and modified displays and functionality in adherence to any applicable regulatory requirements.
• Providing problem solving support to both field personnel as well as other internal groups relative to RTUPLC communication and subsequent data flow to corresponding systems.
• Developing and implementing new applications to maximize the utilization and potential of the SCADA systems. This may include screen design, new control capabilities, writing back information to a RTUPLC, etc.
• Coordinating and participating in all application upgrades, routine maintenance, performance upgrades and licensing to ensure system performance, reliability and standardization. Completes comprehensive testing to ensure task do not impact systems. Interfaces with the vendor and/or internal IT resources to complete these tasks.
• Understanding and accurately mapping all existing and new data files associated with any existing or new RTU, including interpreting application level packet data.
• Identifying, analyzing and implementing process improvement opportunities.Required SkillsDemonstrated understanding of SCADA systems, RTUs and communications methods as defined in experience section below.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data acquisition process from RTUs and PLCs. Familiarity with application level protocols.
• Knowledge of relational database management systems (Access, SQL server, Oracle, etc.) and object oriented programming. Ability to create custom queries and access data from varied systems.
• Strong communication and project management skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
-Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, telecommunications, engineering or a related field.
-An equivalent combination of education and experience
-Familiarity with all types of electronic communication mediums: radio, cellular, circuits and satellites.Knowledge of Object Oriented programming (VB.net, C#, C++, Java, VB 6.0, etc.).
-Knowledge of serial and Ethernet communication topology and standards.Understanding of the TCP/IP suite and OSI model. Ability to diagnose problems at the various levels of the OSI model to determine point of failure.
-Network skills including basic router and switch configuration and diagnosis, understanding firewalls, port filtering and ip tables, ACLs, proxy configurations, cabling, and Wi-Fi configurations.
The following experience is not required but preferred:
-At least two (2) years of experience in electronic measurement and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
-Background in natural gas applications such as gas measurement, instrumentation, automation, compression and control sites.
-Experience with SNMP, Roc, Modbus, Enron Modbus, DACC, BSAP, OPC, and Mercor protocols.
-Experience in the operation, protocol and message interpretation of the gas measurement RTU’s, including Eagle, Fisher ROC, Kimray, Nuflo, Barton, Bristol and Modicom.