You will perform administrative/operational activities required to support multiple hardware and operating system platforms in a production environment. You will also provide system operational support, administration, problem resolution, and perform hardware and software installations and upgrades. You will monitor system performance and capacity. You will be expected to forecast system demands, recommend upgrades, expansion and reconfiguration. You will also troubleshoot problems and take appropriate corrective action and or interact with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions. You will Document standards and operating procedures for the system(s) and act as a technical resource to IT staff and system users.
· Windows Server 2008 required
· Unix/Linux server platforms required
· The candidate will be expected to work four, 10 hour shifts, four days per week (consecutive) with three days between. Shifts are rotated between day and night on a monthly basis.
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related 3-5 year's experience.
Desired Skill Sets:
· Windows 2000/2003 Server
· X86 Dell hardware
· HP Unix/Linux (Red Hat)
· VMWARE ESX 2.5/VI3
· Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005
· Citrix Metaframe/Presentation Server
· Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003
· Active DirectoryPERL or Other Scripting
· ExchangeHP OpenView
· Data Protector/EMC Avamar
· HPUX Operating System
· EMC Symentrix (DMX)
· EMC Clariion
· BCV/HBA Concepts